Cook the winning recipe from Create and Cook Competition 2016 organised by Fit2Cook and sponsored by The Southern Co-operative.
Scott’s Hampshire Goat Sausages with Goat’s Cheese Yorkshire Puddings
300g local goat shoulder meat
1tsp home grown thyme, finely chopped
1tsp home grown rosemary finely chopped
30ml Cold Pressed rapeseed oil
35g plain flour
1 large Claytons egg, beaten
Pinch of thyme
75g Rosary goat’s cheese, diced
1 Bramley apple
1 tbsp water
1. Using a sausage machine, mince the goat meat. Mix with the water, herbs, redcurrants and rusk and load into the sausage machine tray.
2. Load the sausage skins on to the machine and push through the meat mixture making 6 – 8 sausages.
3. Pre-heat the oven 200C, Gas mark 6.
4. When ready put the sausages on to a baking tray and cook for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
1. Pre heat oven 220C, Gas mark 7. Pour the rapeseed oil into a Yorkshire pudding tin, place into the oven.
2. Sieve the flour into a bowl.
3. Whisk in the egg and milk, until smooth. Fold in 25g goat’s cheese and the thyme.
4. Remove the tin from the oven. Carefully pour in the Yorkshire pudding mixture. Cook for 15 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven, put the remaining goat’s cheese in the centre of each Yorkshire pudding.
APPLE AND REDCURRANT SAUCE
1. Peel and slice Bramley apple and put into a saucepan.
2. Add redcurrants, sugar and water.
3. Cook until soft. Leave on one side to cool.
Serve the sausages with the Yorkshire puddings, the apple and redcurrant sauce, seasonal local vegetables and gravy.
Discover more Create and Cook recipes.